(Formerly known as Zou Cultural-cum-Literature Society Regd.No.3284 of 1998)
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
1. NAME OF THE SOCIETY : The name of the Society shall be
ZO CULTURAL-CUM-LITERATURE SOCIETY INDIA
2. REGISITERED OFFICE:The office of the Society shall remain within the Union Territory of Delhi and at present it is at the following address:-
“2623, Gali No. 16, Kailash Nagar, Delhi-31”
3. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE: 48,DGO FLATS,G.K.-I,NEW DELHI-48
4. AIMS & OBJECTS : The Society has the following broad aims & objects:-
1. To preserve & protect the Zo/Zou language/dialect, its script and other tribal dialects.
2. The preserve, protect & develop the Culture, Customs and traditions of the tribals/rural esp. of the Zo/Zou people/tribe.
3. To preserve & propagate the art, craft, oral traditions and other facets of the tribal cultural life.
4. To conduct cultural activities like festivals, meals, utsavs etc. among the tribals and urban areas.
5. To develop the Zo/Zou literature and also of other tribes.
6. To collect and preserve the arts, crafts of the tribals so as to ensure the continuity to the traditions of their art & crafts.
7. To promote and disseminate amongst the urban educated people so as to calculate in them respect ad admiration for the contribute or of the tribal/rural communities to the various facets of the Indian Culture.
8. To promote the richness of the tribal culture especially among the Zo/Zou people/tribe.
9. To organize seminars, conference, workshop, lectures, talks etc., for the furtherance of the aims & objects.
10. To promote and take up literacy program adult education projects among the rural and tribal communities.
11. To publish bulletins, periodicals, magazines, booklets, books and other literatures for the furtherance of the aims & objects.
12. To publish and maintain educational institutions for giving guidance and coaching to the students belonging to the SC/ST they weaker sections of the society.
13. To establish library, information centers, cultural museums, guidance centers for the benefit of the SC/ST students.
14. To establish cultural museums etc., in order to preserve the tribal heritage.
15. To promote and support documentation, research and survey of the tribal art, craft, culture, and heritage and other monuments of tribal and rural India as they face the threat of extinction as a result of rapid development .
16. To develop textbook for the preservation of tribal culture and traditions for elementary to higher education for use in the government and private schools/institutions.
17. To participate in cultural exchanges programs so as to inculcate the sense of National integration among the youth by all possible means.
18. To run orphanaged school/homes, aged homes, rehabilitation centers for the drug addicts/alcoholics, disabled homes, handicapped homes, centers for destitute women and men.
19. To preserve and protect the environment for future generations.
20. To raise funds by means of donations, subscriptions, charity shows, cultural shows, fete etc.,.
21. To acquire and accept gifts, donations, grants, subsidy, securities, endowments, titles, and assets and every other kinds of assistances for the furtherance of the aims & objects.
22. To collaborate and co-operate with the Government and voluntary agencies, state, national, or international whose objectives are in accordance with the aims & objects of the Society.
23. To channelize the energies of the society towards constructive National works in the field of cultural, educational and social sectors in co-operation with the government, non-Governmental agencies.
24. To acquire lands, buildings any other properties both moveable and immovable by gift, exchange, purchase, hire or lease and construct, remodel, and improve the assets for the use of the society for its various activities.
25. To set up branches/offices of the society at suitable places.
All the incomes, earning, movable, immovable properties of the society shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the Memorandum of Association and no profits on thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends bonus, profit, or I any manner whatsoever to the present. Or past members of the Society shall have any personal claim on any moveable or immoveable of the Society or make any profits whatsoever by virtue of his membership.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. In the interpretation of these articles, unless there nothing inconsistent with subject or context otherwise:-
Organization means, ZO CULTURAL-CUM-LITEPATURE SOCIETY INDIA.
Words imparting the masculine gender shall be taken to include the feminine gender.
. in the singular number shall stand for plural number and vice-versa.
“Committee” means the managing Committee executive Committee: of the organization and
“Sub-committee” means a committee or committees appointed by the Managing Committee of the organization.
2. Name of the organization shall be ZO CULTURAL-CUM-LITEPATURE SOCIETY INDIA
3. The address of the registered office of the organization shall be
ZO CULTURAL-CUM-LITERATURE SOCIETY INDIA
Gali No. 16, Kailash Nagar, Delhi-31.
4. Date of commencement of the organization shall be March, 1995.
Any person male of female who is fully qualified for membership and agrees to abide by the Rules and Regulation of the Organization and who is desirous for serving or the attainment of the objective of the organization may be admitted as members.
6. QUALIFICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
Any person for the eligibility to be a member of organization:-
Should be above 18 years of age.
Should be one who is incompetent to law to enter to contractual obligations.
Should be one willing to work for the attainment of aims and objects of the organization.
7. TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
These shall be the following types of membership of the organization:
a) Every person who shall pay a subscription of Rs. 10/- (Rupees Ten) only per month or Rs. 120/- (Rupees One hundred and twenty) only shall be an ordinary member. An ordinary member shall be member of the Society only for the period covered by his subscription.
b) Every person who shall pay a subscription of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five hundred) only or more either in lump sum or 12 monthly installments within one year shall be a life member of the Society.
c) Any voluntary organization/society/institution which pay a sum of Rs. 250/- (Rupees two hundred and fifty) only or more as an annual fee shall be an organization member. They /may send a representative to attend the General body meeting. Such representative shall have the right to vote.
d) The Executive Committee may enroll any person dedicated to instructive work and who is having belief in the aims and objects of the Society willing to serve in the field in future as an Honorary member. An honorary member shall not pay any subscription. He shall no right to vote in any meeting.
8. MODE OF ADMISSION FOR MEMBERSHIP:
Persons desirous of becoming a member of the Society shall sign the application form prescribed for the purpose or may apply in their own handwriting and pay the amount specified for the category of membership applied for a s specified in Rule 7 (a), (b) (c) and (d) of the Rules and Regulations.
The application shall be submitted to the Secretary of the Society.
The Secretary shall place the applied on before the Managing/Governing Body whose declension on the admission shall be final.
9. CESSATION AND REMOVAL OF MEMBERSHIP
A. Person shall cease to be a member of the society:
On his death
On his resignation in writing and acceptance of the same by the Governing Body/Managing Committee.
On his being mentally disabled or incompetent to enter into contractual obligation.
Oh is failure to pay the subscription within the stipulated date, and it he involves himself in anti-society activities.
e) Any person whose activities are considered detrimental to the interest of the organization can be removed from the membership of organization by a decision of the simple majority of the members present and voting at the meeting of the General Body of the organization specially convened for the purpose.
10. RESIGNATION FROM MEMBERSHIP:-
Any member who is desirous of resigning from the membership of the organization shall apply in writing to the President. The application shall be discussed shall take Managing Committee. The effect of resignation shall take from the date of acceptance by the managing Committee.
11. MAINTENANCE OF MEMBERS REGISTER
The organization shall maintain at its registered/ administration office register of its members and shall enter therein the following:-
The name and address of each member
The date on which the member was admitted
The date on which the member ceased to be a member
12. COMPOSITION OF GENERAL BODY
The General of the organization shall conclusion of the category of members mentioned in ruled of the rules and Regulations.
13. POWER AND FUNCTIONS OF THE GENERAL BODY
The ultimate authority of all matter to the general administration of the organization shall vast in the General Body. The General Body shall not, however, interfere with the action o the Managing committee done in accordance with the rules of Regulations of the organization. Among others the power of General Body shall be the following:-
Election of the Managing Committee members.
Consideration and adopting of the annual report, audit report and audited annual statement of accounts and balance sheet of the organization
Amendment of the Memorandum and Rules and Regulations.
Such other reports, return and statements as may be required from time to time on as may be prescribed by the Registrar of Societies of as may be prescribed in Act and Rules
Transaction of any business concerning the organization for which date notice has been given within the prescribed time.
14. ANNUAL GENERAL BODY MEETING
The meeting of the General Body shall be held within one month from the closing of the financial year and he following business items shall be transacted in such a meeting:-
To discuss the annual report of the Managing Committee.
To receive and adopt the audited statement of accounts, balance sheet and audit report
Election of he new members of the Managing Committee, if any,
To adopt and approve and annual budget
To appoint internal auditors of the ensuring year
To transact such other business as may be brought by the Managing Committee
15. QUORUM OF THE ANNUAL/GENERAL BODY MEETING
Two third of the members entitles to vote in the up to date members register shall form the quorum of such meeting. For an adjourned meeting quorum is not necessary.
16. SPECIAL GENERAL BODY MEETING
The Managing Committee at its own motion and compliance of a directive from an authority may calling Special General Body meeting at any time
The Special General Body meeting may also be convened on receipt of a requisition made in writing addressed to the President by not less than 15 or one-third of the members entitled to vote, whichever is loss.
For Special General Body meeting in (ii) above on receipt of the requisition the Managing committee shall for with proceed to convene the Special General meeting within a fortnight. On refusal of the Secretary to convene the meeting the President himself shall convene the meeting. In case the President also refused to convene the meeting the requisitionist themselves shall convene the meeting.
17. QUORUM OF SPECIAL GENERAL BODY MEETING
For the special general body meeting also two-thirds of the members entitled to vote in the up to date membership register shall form the quorum. For the adjourned meeting called at the own motion of the Managing Committee or at he directive from an authority no quorum is necessary. However, for the special case the quorum is not formed the matter shall not be discussed. The meeting shall be adjourned.
18. SERVICE OF NOTICE OF GENERAL BODY MEETING
A clear 15 days notice in writing shall be given to all the members specifying the date, hour and place fixed for holding the meeting shall state the business to be transacted at the meeting. The notice shall be given by using both or either of the following means:-
By circulation among the members and getting signature of the members thereon are taken of having received the notice.
Sending by post under certificate of posting.
19. COMPOSITION OF TH MANAGING COMMITTEE AND ELECTION OF MEMBERS:
The management of the organization shall vest to a Managing Committee, the members of which shall be elected by the General Body. The following shall be the composition of the Managing Committee:-
The Managing Committee shall consist of 7(seven) members.
The members of the Managing Committee shall elect from among themselves one President, one Secretary, and one Treasurer.
The election of the Managing Committee, the office bearers may be done either by secret ballot or show of hands according to the convenience of the society unless and otherwise provided in the act and the Rules.
Any bonafide members of the society who are admitted before 3 (three) months from the date of election may be elected to be the members of he Managing Committee.
Casual vacancies may be filled in by cooption by the Managing Committee from the bonafide members of the organization admitted before 3 (three) months from the date of cooption.
Any person co-opted by the Managing Committee to fill a casual vacancy on the committee shall hold office only for the period the person in whose place he is elected should have held office
The terms of the Managing Committee shall be 4(four) years form the date of assuming charge.
Any retired members of the Managing Committee shall be eligible for re-election.
The service of the members of the Managing Committee shall be gratuitous.
20. REGISTRATION AND REMOVAL OF THE MANAGING COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND OFFICE BEARERS:-
The mode of registration and removal of the members or Managing Committee and the office bearers shall be as follows:-
Any members of the Managing Committee other than the President who is willing to resign from being a member of the Managing Committee shall render his resignation in waiting to the President.
In the case of the President the application shall be tender to he Secretary.
The application for resignation shall be place before the Managing Committee and the effect of the resignation shall take from the date of the acceptance of the Managing Committee.
Any Managing Committee Members whose activities are considered detrimental to the interest of the organization case be remove from the Managing Committee by a decision majority of the members present in the General Body of the organization specially convenience for the purpose and the vacancy shall be filled up either by election on or cooption by of the managing Committee members on the decision of the General Body to do so
21. POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE MANAGING COMMITTEE:-
The Managing Committee shall exercise all the powers except chose reserved for the General Body to which the Committee is answerable. The entire administration and Management of the organization shall vast in the managing Committee. The managing committee shall exercise all such powers and take such recordings and due such area as are necessary for the proper management of the affaires of the organization framed ether under. In other words the Managing Committee shall have full power and authority to do all acts matters things and deeds as may be necessay or expenditure for the purpose organization and more the following:-
To look after manage and supervise the management of the organization its properties and to expend money required.
To pay all rates, rents, taxes, salaries and remunerations of the employees of the organization
To prepare and submit to the General Body meeting an audited statements of accounts and reports of the previous years.
To form sub-committee(s)
To invite and accept donation, subscription with or without conditions
To do all such acts and things as are incidental or conductive to the attainment o he objects specified in the memorandum of the organization
To frame Rules and Regulations and rules of business in conformity with the act and rules and regulations
22. MANAGING COMMITTEE MEETING/GOVERNING BODY:-
The managing Committee of the of the organization shall meet atleast once in a month or often if necessary. Two thirds of the members of the Managing Committee shall form a quorum for an adjourned meeting to quorum is necessary.
23. SERVICE OF NOTICE OF MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING:-
A clear 7(seven) days notice is writing shall be given to all the members of the Managing Committee specifying the date time and place fixed for holding the meeting and shall state servicing notice of the Managing Committee meeting of body meeting mentioned in Rule-18
24. POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE PRESIDENT
restriction the general power of the Managing Committee the following shall be the powers and functions of the President:-
The President shall exercise powers of General supervision of the affairs of the organization
He shall preside over the meeting of the General Body and Managing Committee. He shall also preside over the meeting of other committee and sub-committee constituted under his chairmanship.
He will sign the proceeding of all meetings president over by him.
In the event of equality of votes on any resolution he shall have a casting or second vote.
He may delegates any of his powers to any member of the Governing Body.
He may sure or be sued on behalf of the organization.
25. POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE SECRETARY: -
The Secretary will be the overall officer-in-charge of the organization in the day-to-day affairs and shall be responsible to this Managing Committee. The powers and functions of the Secretary shall be as under: -
To take on the resolution and decisions taken by Central Body, Managing Committee and other committee or Sub-Committee.
To convene the meetings of the General Body, Managing Committee and Sub-Committee of which he is a member.
To convene correspondences on behalf of the organization.
To receiver applications for membership of the organization and place them before the Managing Committee with his report and recommendation.
To assure proper maintenance of the accounts of the organization.
To submit reports to the Managing Committee from time to time.
To arrange for the save custody of all records, properties and other securities of the organization.
To execute deeds, agreements, documents etc. for and on behalf of the organizations.
To control expenditure within the approved budget estimate.
To sanction day-to-day payments and expenditures.
To secure expenses up to the extent of power delegated to him by the Managing Committee in accordance with rules of the organization.
To counter sign the entries of the cash book.
To prepare annual reports and statements.
To cause timely audit of the accounts of the organization and submit the balance sheets, auditors, report, etc. to the concerned.
To appoint, suspend, dismiss, etc. of the salaries of the employees, if any, subject to the approval of the Managing Committee. He shall have a general control over the staffs.
26. POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE TREASURER: -
The Treasurer shall be responsible for all the financial affairs of the organization. He shall not keep any amount of the fund by the extent in the Rules and Regulations of the organization. He shall make payments of the amount sanctioned by the organization. He shall place the correct positions of the fund of the organization before the Managing Committee from time to time consolations with the Secretary. To shall prepare statements, returns etc. connected with accounts of the organization on.
27. MINUTES: -
The minutes of the meetings of the organization shall be recorded in minute books the pages of the which serially numbered. The Secretary shall record the minutes. During the absence of both any number of the Managing Committee may be authorized by the President to do the work. Event in the case of the Secretary the Managing Committee by decision may authorized any other member of the Managing Committee to records the minutes if the business of the meeting is l8kely to affect the interest of the Society.
28. FUNDS: -
The funds of the organization shall be composed of: -
Sub sanction from member.
Loans and advance from Government, Institution, co-operation (Corporate bodies) and Agencies.
Misc. receipts such as donations, grants, etc.
29. NON-REFUNDABILITY OF SUBCRIPTIONS AND FEES: -
Subscription one contributed and fees once paid to the organization shall not be refunded. The installments paid by the defaulter member shall be forfeited when they cease the number of the organization on account of the default of payment of other reason.
30. SAFE CUSTODY AND INVESTMENTS OF FUNDS: -
For safe custody and investments of the funds of the organization the following arrangements shall be made: -
All the funds shall be kept in an account jointly operated by my two of the President, Secretary and the Treasurer.
The account shall be open in a post office or aq scheduled bank or any other banking company.
The Secretary shall not keep more than Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees one thousand) only with him.
The Treasurer shall not keep more than Rs. 2,000/- (Rupees two thousand) only with him.
Event expenditure shall be made on the sanction of the Secretary.
No expenditure and investment shall be made unless the program that already approved by the Managing Committee.
31. REGISTERS AND BOOKS OF ACCOUNTS: -
Proper books of account registers and other documents shall be maintained as may be prescribed in the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Rules or by the Regulation of the Societies. In case there is no such program of the organization shall maintain the following book of accounts.
Case book showing daily reports and expenditures, and the balance at the closing of each day.
Receipt book containing forms in duplicate one of each set to be issued with details for money received by the organization and the other to serve as counterfoils.
Vouchers file, containing all vouchers for contingent and other expenditure incurred by the organization, number serially and filled chronological.
Ledger showing consolidated and separate account of all items of receipts and expenditures.
Monthly register of receipts and disbursements.
Any other books of accounts, if required.
32. AUDIT : -
The accounts of the organization shall cause to be audited at least once a year by the Charter Account or any other qualified auditors. The Society shall pay such amount as audit in the manner and the rate fixed by the appropriate authority of the audit. The Managing Committee shall arrange for proper internal audit and supervising.
33. FITTING OF DOCUMENTS OF RETURNS: -
Documents Statement and returns touching the affairs of the organization shall be submitted to the Registrar in the Act and the Rules in the compliance of the provisions therein or any directive from the Registrar of Societies or other authorities. Proceedings of the meetings of the General Body Managing Committee and any other committee shall be submitted to the Registrar of Societies for his information, approval etc.
34. INSPECTION OF BOOKS AND SUPPLY OF COPIES: -
Subject to the provision to Act and Rules, the organization shall keep open to inspection free of charge at its societies.
A copy of the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860 and its amendments.
A copy of Indian Societies Registration Rules.
A copy of the Rules and Regulations of the organization.
The Register of members.
The books containing the minutes.
The Register of the Managing Committee Members.
The books of accounts.
A copy of the latest audited balance sheet.
Receipt and expenditure accounts
Certified copies of any documents which a member of the society or a member of the public has right to inspect shall be supplied on application.
The fees for supply of such copes shall be calculated at the rate of 31/- for every 100 onwards or fraction thereof of the copy or extract.
35. ANNUAL LIST OF THE MANAGING GOVERNING BODY (SECTION 4 OF ACT)
Once in every year the Trust of the office/bearers and members of the Governing Body of the Society shall be filed with the Registrar Societies Delhi, as required under Indian Societies Registration Act 1860 as applicable to the Union Territory of DELHI.
Any amendment in the Memorandum of the Association or Rules of the Society shall be carried out in accordance with the procedure laid own under section 12 & 13A of the Societies Registration Act 1860, as decided by the General Body.
37. DISSOLUTION AND ADJUSTMENTS OF AFFAIRS:
If the Societies need to be dissolved it shall be dissolve as per provisions laid down under Sections 13& 14 of the Societies Registration Act 1860 as applicable be the Union Territory of Delhi.
If any doubt arises as to the meaning of any of the provisions of the Rules & Regulations the Managing / Governing Body any refer the matter to the Registrar of Societies, Delhi and his / her decision shall be find.
39. HAVING NOT COVER IN THE RULES & REGULATION: The Any matter not correct in these Rule and Regulations shall be dealt as per the Societies Registration Act 1860 as application to the Union Territory of DELHI.
Certified that this is the correct copy of the Rules & Regulations of the societies.
Sd/- Sd/- Sd/-
President Secretary Treasurer