Monday, April 15, 2013
Philip Thanglienmang has been awarded Doctorate of Philosophy by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
The Centre for Linguistics, School of Language, Literature & Cultural Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, India, has awarded Doctor of Philosophy upon Philip Thanglienmang with effect April, 03rd, 2013. His Doctorate Thesis is titled “A Descriptive Grammar of the Zo language” covering an ethnographical account and the detailed grammar of the Zo/Zou language.
Dr Philip Thanglienmang is the fourth son of (L) Sub.Peter Thangkhokâm Tungdim and (L) Mari Lienzanieng. He was born on 22nd, February in the year 1964 at Singtom village, Chakpikarong sub-division, Chandel District, Manipur(India). He did his primary schooling at St. Joseph’s School, Sugnu, Manipur from 1970 to 1975. He completed matriculation from Loyola High School, Jakhama, Nagaland, he secured 10th Rank in Nagaland Board of School Education in 1980, obtained distinction marks in Hygiene, Science and Geography subjects thereby he bagged the Nagaland State Government Scholarship, and he passed out Pre-university Science from St. Edmund’s College, Shillong in 1982. He graduated Bachelor of Civil Engineering secured First class degree from Lukhdhirji Engineering College, Morvi, Gujarat in the year 1986.
* He served as Section Officer-Grade I in Manipur Public Works Department under the Government of Manipur from 1987 onwards till his to the rank of Assistant Engineer in June 1993 till 1996. He qualified in the UPSC Civil Service(Main) Examination by opting Anthropology and Geography subjects, was offered DANICS(Delhi, Daman & Diu, Dadra Nagar, Andaman, Nicobar Islands Civil Service); an IAS-allied service under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India in 1996.
* He founded the “Zo Cultural-cum-Literature Society India”(ZOCULSIN)in the year 1998 at New Delhi to further the Zo/Zou language preservation and development.
* He completed M.A (Linguistics) in the year 2007 from Annamalai University, Tamilnadu.
* He has written 10 books in Zo/Zou language, and more than 44 articles, papers, essays covering various topics and magazines.
* He can be reached by this email- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Or mobile 91-9560457775
* His works can be assessed from http://an-in.academia.edu/philipthanglienmangtungdim , http://linguist.org/, http://zoculsin.blogspot.in/ and http://mangkangzo.blogspot.com/
Posted by Author/Writer : Linguist list: http://www.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/linguist/people/personal/get-personal-page1T.html at 3:54 AM